- 1 box (500 g) Loprofin Baking Mix
- 1 packet (7 g) dried yeast (included with mix)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 300 mL (10 fl oz) water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 120 mL (4 fl oz) Rich's Richwhip Non-Dairy Liquid
- 1 Tbsp Egg Replacer
- 2-4 drops of egg shade food coloring
- Preheat Oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients together first. Next, add your water, oil, non-dairy liquid, and egg replacer to the mix.
- Knead ingredients into soft dough. Roll out the dough into thick "ropes" and squeeze ends together to form a circle. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with a non-stick spray and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Par boil in sugar water until bagels rise to the top (5 min). Remove the bagels and place on paper towels to drain.
- Bake in oven at 350° F until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes). If bagels are too doughy, place them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until brown.
Tip: This recipe may also be used to make pretzels and English muffins. The pretzels are deep-fried after par boiling. The English muffins are saute´ed.
Yield 8 bagels, 1 bagel = 1 serving