Roasted Cherry Tomato Topping
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half if large (455 gm)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced (60 gm)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients in a baking dish and roast for about 20 minutes, until tomatoes are tender and juicy, stirring once.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve at room temperature. Makes 1 cup - 1/4 cup per serving