Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 450 g (15 oz) prepared chopped vegetables of choice e.g. sweet potato, rutabaga, mushrooms, cauliflower, yellow or green peppers, butternut squash, or zucchini (depending on the vegetables you use, to get 450 g/18 oz. I used 1 medium zucchini, 1 small rutabaga, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 medium red bell pepper and 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms. This mixture was delicious!)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tsp of garlic puree (or about 3 small garlic cloves, chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 400 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) water or stock
- 2 Tbsp tomato purée
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro (optional)
- 450 g (15 oz) Loprofin Rice (about 2 cups when measured dry); cooked
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring it to a boil, then add 1 tsp of oil and the Loprofin Rice. Return to a boil, stirring, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking together.
- In a separate large pan, saute´ the onions in oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, garlic pure´e, pepper, tomato pure´e, chopped tomatoes, diced carrot, 1/2 the bunch of chopped cilantro and your choice of vegetables. The harder vegetables (carrots, rutabaga etc.) will need longer time for cooking so add these first.
- Stir the vegetables until soft.
- Add all of the spices: ground cumin, cilantro, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water.
- Cook until all of the vegetables are tender and the sauce has been reduced and thickened.
- Finish the dish by adding a handful of chopped fresh cilantro and serve with the Loprofin Rice.
*Nutrition values are based on the example veggies which are listed in the first bullet point of the ingredients; values will depend on which veggies you choose. To lower protein and phe, use veggies lower in protein and phe.