Ingredients (for 8 scones)
- 225 g (7.5 oz) Loprofin Baking Mix (about 1 1/2 cups + 1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp egg replacer (such as Ener-G Egg Replacer) (could also use 1/2 banana)*
- 1 tsp ground All Spice
- 50 g (2 oz) superfine granulated sugar (or baker’s sugar) (about 3 tbsp)
- 50 g (2 oz) butter (4 tbsp or 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick)
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz) marmalade (1 tbsp plus 1 tsp)
- 100 mL (about 3 fl oz) prepared LP Drink
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the Loprofin Baking Mix, baking powder, egg replacer, All Spice and sugar in a food processor and add the marmalade and butter, cut into small pieces.
- Process for 15-20 seconds until fine crumbs or rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the texture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually stir in sufficient LP Drink to give a soft, but not sticky, dough.
- Knead lightly for a few seconds on a surface dusted with Loprofin Mix until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to approximately 2.5 cm (1 inch) thickness.
- Cut into rounds using a 5 cm (2 inch) cutter. Re-knead, roll out and cut further rounds from the dough trimmings.
- Place the scones on a greased baking tray and bake at 425°F for 8-10 minutes until well risen and lightly browned.
*Note, if you use a banana as the egg replacer, the dough is stickier so you may need to add more baking mix in order to roll it out and cut the circles.